I am definitely one that loves a good cup of tea at the end of a long hectic day, but drinking caffeine fuelled drinks in the evening isn't the way to go for a good nights sleep and there's not many herbal teas out there that i like either.
So I made a few attempts at making fresh mint tea and couldn't quite get it right. Now my niece makes a mean cup of tea - Hence the title My Dobster's Mint tea- Dobster being my chosen term of endearment to call her by- so i got her to show me her version & this recipe is based on that with a tiny little twist
For Dobster's Mint tea - with a twist you will need :
3 - 3 1/2 pints of water
large bunch of fresh mint
4 inch piece cinnamon stick broken into pieces
8-10 whole green cardamom pods cracked open
2 x pukka peppermint & liquorice teabags*
handful of mint leaves for garnishing
honey to sweeten - optional
- Pour your water and all the ingredients except for the teabags into a large saucepan and on a high heat bring to the boil.
- When the water has reached boiling point, reduce to a low heat and leave to simmer till the water has reduced by about half.
- Add in the pukka tea bags and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10-12 minutes. Pour the tea into a teapot ( through a large tea strainer or plastic sieve to catch all the bits )
- Take the glasses or cups you are wanting to serve the tea in and drop a few mint leaves into the cups. Pour in the tea, sweeten with honey if wanted & serve
* you'll find these in any superstore in the tea and coffee section