- Preheat your oven 180c/ 350f/ Gas mark 4, grease a 20cm / 8 inch square tin, and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt together the sugars, chocolate and butter until smooth and completely combined. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs together with an electric whisk till light and fluffy and almost doubled in volume.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into the whisked egg, add in the zest, pour in the cooled meted chocolate and fold in quickly but gently with a metal spoon**
- Pour the mixture into the tin, place the slices of terrys chocolate orange over the top and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is crisp and the edges of the brownie shrink away from the tin.
- Leave to cool slightly and finish off with a light dusting of icing sugar and serve
Saturday, 29 October 2016
Deluxe chocolate orange brownies
I genuinely LOVE brownies .. Not just because they're a perfect combination of having a crispy outside and and scrumptious chewy and gooey inside as well as tasting divine straight out the oven or actually even better the next day, but that the flavour combinations are pretty much endless.
After experimenting around with a few flavours, so far this recipe is one of my favourites - made that little bit extra special with fresh orange zest and Terrys chocolate orange
For 9 brownies you will need
140g caster sugar
100g soft brown sugar
125g orange chocolate*
zest of 1 whole orange
100g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cocoa powder
6-8 Terrys Chocolate orange slices
icing sugar to dust (optional)
*I used Terrys Chocolate orange, you can use whatever you personally prefer- for extra indulgence I'd do a swap for Green and Blacks chocolate orange
** Using a metal spoon helps fold in quicker than a wooden spoon would as well as keeping is as much air as possible to keep the fluffiness in your brownies