- Start by chopping your onions, and browning them till softened in a large pan in a little oil.
- Add the chicken once the onions have softened, and cook the chicken throughly & until lightly browned in colour - mine took about 20 minutes.
- Add in the salt & 1 level tsp of smoked paprika, chilli flakes, chopped coriander & stir through. Leave to cool.**
- When ready to serve, take a platter or large plate (making sure it fits in your microwave)***
- Put the Doritos in the plate, pour half the salsa evenly over the Doritos, and sprinkle over a little cheese.
- Add some of the chicken next, and a few jalepenos, pour on a little more salsa & another good handful of cheese, finish with a sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- Put the plate in the microwave on full power for 8-10 minutes - or until the cheese is melted and bubbling .. and tuck in
- Serve with Guacamole & Sour cream on the side with extra salsa & jalepenos
* Instead of chicken breast, I asked my butcher for thigh/ leg meat as this doesn't dry out as much as breast does.
** When the chicken has cooled, pour into colander so that any excess oil can be drained as the last thing you want is the nachos sitting in a pool of oil.
*** You can also put them under the grill if your serving plate/platter won't fit in the microwave.