- Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan, slice your onions and add to the oil along with the ginger and garlic. Fry on a low heat, stirring frequently until the onions have softened and just begin to colour.
- While the onions are cooking, grind the the cumin, cloves, peppercorns & cardamom in a blender mill or with a pestle and mortar.
- Add the ground spices to the onion along with the curry powder stir well and cook through for another couple of minutes
- Turn the heat up to almost full and add in your lamb. Cook and stir through until the lamb has browned well, add in the lemon zest, juice, salt, ground almonds and stir through
- Cover the pan and leave to simmer gently for about an hour till the lamb is tender. Stir in the cream once the lamb is cooked, sprinkle in the flaked almonds
- Serve with boiled rice or naan
* You can substitute the lamb for chicken instead if you prefer, swap the almonds for dessicated coconut and to make a slightly lighter version swap 50ml of the double cream for natural yogurt or even creme fraiche