- start by dicing your onion, then fry till golden brown on a medium heat in a heavy based pan or wok, when the onions have browed, add your chicken and cook till browned and no pinkness remains.
- add the chilli flakes and pepper. Sprinkle in a pinch of salt, lower the heat and stirring occasionally, cook till the pepper has cooked but still has a slight crunch. (soggy peppers for me are a no )
- add a good squirt of honey and BBQ sauce of your preference. Keeping on a low heat, add in the noodles, stir through.
- at this point I normally do a taste test to see if I want to add more honey, sauce or chilli flakes.
- finally sprinkle over the sesame seeds and coriander & serve
Friday, 8 March 2013
Sweet Chilli Chicken & Noodles
Today's post is one of those dishes that comes about from just experimenting with bits that are either left overs from the day before or just plain & simply ingredients that need to be used up as they are about to expire - I really am one of those 'waste not want not' types.
Chicken definitely makes regular appearances at our table, so I've always got some in the freezer and am always trying to do something different with it. This recipe was literally made with 10 ingredients, which was eaten for tea and we even had left overs which served as lunch the next day
Now this recipe technically isn't an Asian dish, but it does have a touch of spice ! The 10 ingredients you will need are :
2 x 300g pack of pre cooked noodles
1 kilo / 2 lb chicken breast - cut into chunks/strips
1 medium onion
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes/powder
1/2 yello sweet pepper
1 tbsp sesame seeds
coriander to garnish (optional)