To make 9 chunky squares or 12 ( almost ) bitesize pieces you will need
250g unsalted softened butter
125g caster sugar
250g plain flour
50-75g chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 150c /300f and grease an 8 inch square tin
- In a bowl cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add in the plain flour, corn flour and chocolate chips and mix together with a wooden spoon till it just starts to come together. Use your hands to lightly press it all together*
- Transfer the dough into the greased tin and gently press it out into the whole of the tin.
- Prick it all over with a fork, and place in the oven for 50 -55 minutes till it's lightly golden all over.
- Whilst its still a little warm (not hot) sprinkle a little caster sugar all over and once cooled, cut into 9 chunky pieces or 12 smaller almost bitesize pieces.